Thursday, April 3, 2008

L.E not EGP

I do not know why I am insisting on writing down the Egyptian Currency in French as "Livre Egyptien" or "L.E" as in the past it used to be known and written in the school books , I remember even in the Math books it was L.E .

L.E one of the things the revolution did not change from the time of Monarchy but it was changed lately in the last 25 years , but now it is "Egyptian Pound" or "EGP" , some will say that it is the correct form to use in English ,some will say that it is appropriate because of globalisation but I do not why I am attached to "L.E" more than "EGP" may be because I was raised upon "L.E" ,I just do not know

May be because as "L.E" the Egyptian Pound had more value than it is "EGP" !!!

In this blog I will continue using "L.E" not "EGP"

Here are some photos for the "L.E" when the Kilo of Meat was equal to 1 L.E and people did not like it and cursed the Prime minister then "Abd El-Aziz Hagzy" in 1977 !!

Egyptian Pound 1970s

Egyptian Pound -Back of 1 L.E

4 comments:

  1. I feel sorry 4 u Zeinobia. I don't think he'll ever leave u alone.

    U might want 2 remove him from ur list of friends that's on ur blog.

    He's obsessed with u. Ra7h
    ad3eeleek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous , you are really one sick person , you must see a psychiatric

    @N.American, did n't I do this or is it still here !!? if it is I will be very happy to delete
    One of the best thing in wordpress is that you can spam the comments of a certain IP !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gone now but it wasn't when I commented earlier. I've seen a few blogs that use wordpress. Is it better or easier to use than blogspot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. N.AMerican princess,already I am using wordpress for my Arabic blog and for the POWs website , it is great more sophisticated than Blogger , I was going to leave her in fact but I just could ,I am so attached to this
    Blogger is much much easier but it need more features
    Blogger could great and beat wordpress and Vox and typepad again if they update it , already they started to add great features
    I just wish they change the commenting system ,also it is time to have a brand new look to the website

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.