Friday, June 15, 2007

Sorry who is Soad Massi in the first place ?? !!

Several Egyptian bloggers including some of the people I know and respect are doing this campaign to boycott the coming concert of Soad Massi , the Algerian singer in Cairo in the day of Music or "le Fete du Music" and pardon my English keyboard

The woman with a sweet voice whom I only knew from couple of months thanks to my dear friend Sherif is going to have a tour in the middle east , they thought it would be a tour in the Arab world , as she is going to Algeria then Alexandria then  Cairo then Abu Dhabi ,Jordan and Ramallah " as if the Palestinians were having no internal fights!!" but they discovered that the lady is going to end her tour in Tel Aviv !!

And it was the disaster ,the shock for my dear blogger friends who hate Israel and see as a symbol for terrorism in the area and thus they decided to launch some kind of campaign to boycott the Bossa Nova Arabian Singer

With my all respect I don't give a damn if she sings in Tel Aviv or in Mars , because simply 98% of the Egyptian people never heard of that lady before ,the only Algerian female singer the Egyptians know is "Warda" , the ex-wife or mistress or whoever she was of late Marshall Abd El-Hakim Amar in 1961

Who is the hell Soad Massi ??

No one knows her except the sophisticated intellectual boys and gals who have a connection to the Internet where they can listen to the indie Arab bands ,I don't make fun of them because I also listen to unknown Arab bands and singers through the Internet but I don't think myself sophisticated nor intellectual , hell no I didn't reach this degree yet

I swear if I go and ask any records store seller whether he has her album or not, I know the answer will be a question

Who is Soad Massi ??

If I go and ask my cousin who is addicted to Nogoom FM 100.6 radio station and Melody music channels whether she knows Massi or not , she will answer and says

Is she a Lebanese singer ??

My dear blogger friends , this is woman not that famous in Egypt and so don't give her more fame because this what she wants and it is not her fault or the fault of the French embassy which is the sponsor of the event that she will come to Egypt ,it is the fault of the Arabic authorities ,you will launch a campaign online next day the media and our friends in the newspaper will know and they will spread the new , come on we are stars now

My dear blogger friends this lady will come and go and no one will know

Come on she is not Haifa Wahaby nor Shereen "to tell you the truth her voice is beautiful then both"  so don't please waster your time and I will be bias and say instead of making a campaign to boycott that Massi woman why don't you join my campaign in remembering the Egyptian POW WHO WERE KILLED BY THE IDF IN 1956 AND 1967 I THINK THAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME BORING LADY WHO I CAN'T UNDERSTAND ANY ARABIC WORD FROM WHAT SHE SAYS "SORRY TO ALL MY DEAR ALGERIAN FRIENDS , BELIEVE OR NOT I UNDERSTAND THE RAI ACCENT AND ITS SONGS BUT I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ANY WORD FROM THE ONLY SONG I GOT FOR HER" SO PLEASE DON'T WASTE OUR TIME

9 comments:

  1. If you read what's on Jar El-kamar again you will figure out he's mocking the idea of boycotting her, and maybe boycotting artists in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. minesweeper : thank u man , finally one got it !

    Zeinobia : So I'd like to meet u there , She's a beautiful voice & songs , One songs ain't enough for u to judge her .. U won't regret attending anyway , She's not the only one performing

    http://egyptiansisyphus.blogspot.com/2007/06/blog-post_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @minesweeper76 well I didn't understand it as mockery in the first time ,sorry I feel so dump

    @Haisam , welcome to my blog ,this is first

    "Finally one got it!!" oh boy so he is the first , so I am not the only dumb
    believe I want to go and hear here alive because her voice is so pure ,I love this style Bossa Nova,the problem is in the accent
    what I don't like is the crusades held by some
    they can save their energy for much important stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. after all..guys u were the only losers...and u were victims of rumors she didn't give a concert in Tel Aviv...her last concert was in Ramallah...and if u had checked her official website u'd have known that she was giving a concert on the 28th in france....that means only one day after ramallah's concert...so I just want you to re-read the quran's verse in luqman's chapter...peace out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear Zeinobia,
    i know this is a very old post, more than 1 year passed, but i want to comment on it.
    i saw ur post when i was googling about soad massi, i was looking for her 4th album.
    she is not very well known here to us-egyptians- nither thhere in algeria. some people do not know here. she is not singing rai or pop to be this famous there.
    but if u listen to her songs, u will fall in love with her for sure, noway...
    accually i knew her by an algerian friend, and then i discovered some of my egyptian friends like her too.
    i have her 3 albums, and always listin to this cd in my car. u cant imagin how i feel when i listen to her, so relaxed.
    i was waiting for her 4th album for more than 2 years, suddenly i knew she was coming to cairo, wow, it was a dream to me,
    i went to the concert alone, no one of my firneds wanted to attend it, but guess what.. i saw 100's of people there are singign with her, even the songs i dont know.. what a feeling.... i thought there would be only 5 or 10 guys in the concert. lol
    now im really waiting for her 4th album.
    if u dont know her, this means she is no body.
    plus she is much better than haifa, and these shits... for sure.
    she is singing , not dancing and taking her cloths off to give pleasure...
    she has no relations with -jad showeiry-
    some times, they play her tracks on nogom fm, specially in wenta saye2, khalik raye2.. ma3 7up :)
    why the hell do we care if she is going to sing in tell aviv or in honololo, even if we know her -not as u said-
    honestly, i didnt like the idea at first, when i read about this in facebook, but when i thought for a moment, i discovered how silly i was, no reason for such feeling.
    we bring shakira in egypt, and she can sing anywhere, u will not give a damn is she goes to israel,
    why ?
    coz soad is arabian ,and shakira is not?
    this is not a reason. so kabbary dema3'ek, and think out of the box...
    i know this is too long reply,
    but i felt happy talking about her.
    thanks :)
    Ramy El Azzazi
    ramy-azzazi @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ramy , you missed the point of that old post , it was about the buzz regarding her concert in Palestine , during that time ,there was one hell buzz in the Egyptian blogosphere , Here I am not speaking or saying heavens forbid that Haifa and her sisters are better than or Shakira is greater than her , heavens forbid and I said that in the post
    all what I was saying that instead of wasting our time and effort in needless campaign we should concentrate on things that matters

    ReplyDelete
  7. our people are great in having such useless fake glory, when they cant do anything to change thier destinies, they open fire to any direction, thinking they hit the target.
    PANADOL !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ramy ,well for sure not all the people , but do not forget when they objected here it was not a fake thing but based on a principle many people believe in which is the complete boycott of Israel and all those who go to it especially for Arabs
    By the way I know some people really boycotted this concert because of this
    I respect them and their position regardless of what I think because nowadays it is hard to hold on your principles

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is AMAZING, i love her! GHIR ENTA! At least in Tel Aviv israelis don't kill EACHOTHER like the palestinians do, and like the dirty HAMAS trying to Cause problems for Egypt..i'm Egyptian and i LOVE Soad Massi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.