Sunday, April 1, 2007

Shadaa of Iraq : A false hope

Last night I saw a report about the winner of Star academy Middle East season 4 Shadaa Hasoon from Iraq in the CNN ,oh yes on the CNN , already I knew from the international channel that last night would see the last prime which the winner would be crowned from four last remaining candidates !!

First I think Star Academy is just a big silly TV show that creates a dangerous segment of young people who are copying cat the western life in a very stupid way , isolated from their communities and what they are suffering from poverty,corruption and dictatorship , this TV show as I wrote before didn't do anything except putting the first seed of racism between the Arab young people for the silliest thing ever !!

Second I didn't watch any episode of this season or any other season except the first one , of course I won't lie and say that I didn't wish that the Egyptian PUNK in the show would win but I didn't give attention to the show really because as I said it is a big waste of time, my only sources of news about the show were the Internet Websites that follow the silly show like Elaph and the annex published weekly in Laha Women's magazine which is usually given to my young relatives who follow the show

In the last few weeks I began to see in the media some interest about one of the candidates in the contest ,Shadaa Hasoon ,the girl from Iraq whom is called now the daughter of Euphrates and the daughter of the two rivers, I didn't know why there was much attention about may be because she was girl , may be she got nice voice , I didn't put in my mind there is much attention because her nationality because simply she was n't the first Iraqi to be in the show as I knew , there was another Iraqi young man in season two I guess as my cousin who follows the show since day one told me

Yet I understood from the CNN what was going on, it turned out that Shadaa united Iraqis !!

Oh yes the young lady succeeded to do what the politicians and leaders didn't !!

Look I don't underestimate the Arts like music and its role in the nation and how it can heal and mend what the politics did , but what did Shadaa really do was to unite the Iraqis to pay more money for the Mobile phone operators in Iraq and the world to send their voting SMS to save her ,nothing more , nothing less

Yet I found in Elaph today articles and essays that consider Shadaa as the savior of Iraq !!

People last night 180 were killed in Iraq and God Knows today and tomorrow the death toll will reach to and Shadaa I am sorry to say won't stop anything because simply how many Iraqis watch the Star academy and here I am not speaking about Baghdad but I am speaking about the cities ,towns and villages which are having daily genocides based upon race and religion !!

Look I don't have anything against the girl , good luck for her but I hate it when the media overestimate issues that don't deserve to be overestimated

I consider Shadaa is like the opium giving to the Iraqis to forget about their daily tragedies from invaders to militias to terrible economic situations to etc...it is just like some sort of agony

Yes Shadaa gathered the Iraqis giving them some sort of hope but it is a false one as the season is finished now and we will have to wait months for the next season who may or may not include an Iraqi , then what the Iraqis will do !!

This is a false hope not a real one ,Shadaa won't stop El-Sadr militias , Shadaa won't stop El-Qaida militias or what ever militias , Shadaa won't stop the Kurds forces from having their plans to divide Iraq based upon race and more important Shadaa won't free Iraq from the United States.

It is because of despair and sadness Iraqis gathered around the young girl who seemed to me not affected that much but what is going in its mother land from daily bombing

What the Iraq really needs is not Shadaa Hasoon but an Iraqi version of Mustafa Kamal to revive the pride and hope of independence in the Iraqi people , Iraq needs a real hope

Again I have got nothing against the girl good luck for her and more luck for Iraq

6 comments:

  1. I think the Iraqi people need hope. Be it a false or a true one. As you have pointed out, they are inundated daily with the massacre of their people by the terrorist militias and takfiris. They are told by both groups that Iraq will be in this state until one said overcomes the other. But Shadaa has shown that Iraqis can come together and vote for one of their own. While I am not one to advocate for nationalism, tribalism or racism, I am one to champion people desire and need to compete and support their hometown heroes.

    Therefore I was really happy when CNN and all the Arab channels celebrated the victory of Shadaa. It showed that the iraqis could be winners after all their suffering and that the Arab and non Arab world would be happy for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but it will be just few days and they will forget her I am afraid and return back to their daily agony , they need a real solid hope something solid that when ever it is dark they look to it and see light ,when they feel apart they look to it and feel united
    I don't know I just I feel so sad for what to Iraq and I want the best for its people

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't object a single word you wrote but....

    though i hardly follow up such events, i believe you are a bit (overrating) Zeinobia.

    the grim reality is there all the time, it does not mean we have to gaze it all day long!

    this blog is very helpful to have better view on life, all articles i found are useful

    http://www2.blogger.com/profile/04452055092981650305

    ReplyDelete
  4. @aardvark why dont you write your real name coward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you feel sad, you will get depressed. I don't think it is a good idea to always focus on the negative. It is true that the iraq life is filled with death and explosions. But you have to remember that it say in the Quran:

    وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَوفْ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الأَمَوَالِ وَالأنفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِينَ (2:155)

    So, while the flame lit by shadaa might look like a false hope, it is not something to be discarded and bilittled. It is flame that needs to be natured and supported until it becomes a fire of hope which overtakes the iraq people's despair. And I am hope it is doing that now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @aardvark,thanks for the link ,I visited it before ,it is nice one really
    may be I am wrong in my dark views

    @amre shut up

    @god bless america ,I can't say noting about that except yes ,yes,It is tough test

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.